Thursday, March 10, 2011

What do you get for being productive?!...

...I get to BLOG more often!!! I really feel like I have these amazing time management skills balancing work, homework, and leisure activities! This semester has been the most productive and managed time of my life!!!

Well anyway onto the fun FAT TUESDAY activities that occurred! We had a pancake and sausage feed...I ate a little TOO much!
Pancakes and sausages!
They had a whole variety of different colored beads right when we walked in the door! Each of us got two: I stuck with 2 of the traditional Mardi Gras colors, purple and gold. While we ate they were playing JAZZ music and it was sooooo enjoyable! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of my individual plate, but I did get a group shot of my table.
Wasn't really prepared for this pic!
For dessert they went all out too and had an ice cream bar!!! Three kinds of ice cream: chocolate and vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and just vanilla! The toppings they had were crushed Oreos, Butterfingers, M & Ms, and caramel, chocolate, strawberry, etc, etc!!!! I had a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of mint chocolate chip!
ICE CREAM & TOPPINGS!
Once everyone was finished with dinner and dessert, we headed up to the house's attic to make MARDI GRAS MASKS! I traced the template that was available and went crazy with my AWESOME paint skills! It took about a good 30 mins to create my masterpiece! Again I was feeling festive...HELLO it was FAT TUESDAY and I was feeling stuffed...so I stuck with the traditional colors!
All the goodies and festive colors!
Aw the creativity of college brains!
Traditional colors!!
I got home just in time for GLEE!!! I usually don't want it on my own, but I promised my roommate I would watch it with her! After that was done we waited for Teen Mom 2! I don't know what exactly it is about trashy MTV shows because my roommates and I LOVE them! Here we are with some expressions to express our concern for the young teen moms and just goofing off:
This is the sculpture our friend of the house gave us...random!
As you all read this you may be thinking...."how come she hasn't been running?" well I will be running once the weather starts to warm up and the snow melts, actually I'm thinking I will hop on the treadmill tomorrow! I have a busy day with lots of walking so a lot of times I count that for my exercise.

Wednesday
I worked today and even got to an Ash Wednesday service on campus that was put on by the ministry. I only rocked the ashes for about 30 mins, because I didn't want to get it all over my clothes. 
Rockin the ashes
I took a " nap" as in like 2 hours worth of sleep and woke up feeling too lazy to make any effort of a dinner! So instead of slaving over the stove, I simply put a chicken breasts with seasoning in the oven and microwaved some green beans. Along with that I enjoyed a piece of garlic toast (which was burnt from the pizza oven) with an OREO for dessert! For some reason I enjoyed some Lambrusco, which is a sweeter wine that I'm used to since my extended family drinks it at special occasions, and it has been sitting in my fridge since October. It's a huge bottle, so I have to use it sometime!
Such a lazy dinner, but it was DELICIOUS!
Today is another full day for me! One thing that I'm looking forward to is going to Caribou with my running buddy Rebecca! I haven't seen her for like 2 weeks, so I'm excited!

TGIT (Thank God It's Thursday)!!! Does anyone else feel like this week is dragging on?!

2 comments:

  1. your fat tuesday feast looked fabulous, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks so yummy!
    PS I need to learn these time management skills you speak of! ;D

    ReplyDelete