Wednesday, March 23, 2011

SNOW DAY=Laziness

Even though I don't have class on Wednesdays, our school called a "Snow Day" after noon today! I was working on campus and decided to leave around lunch time!

The snow was horrible to walk through. It was slushy and slippery! I was just thinking the other day that I could get my bike dug out back into action!
The weather man lied...we were supposed to get 3-5 inches, but there's sooo much more!
Even though the title of the post indicates laziness, I wasn't that lazy today! I felt like I got a workout just walking through the slushiness! I walked a few blocks down to Kwik Trip with my roommate Julie since we were hungry. Both of us were upset with the weather, since it's supposed to be Spring!
I was supposed to be frowning
 I plopped in the snow for a little while. For some reason I enjoy just plowing through the snow without a care in the world...ok, ok I feel so powerful with my AWESOME snow boots!
The snow is a perfect resting spot
After dinner I was going to go to a Lent service at the church about 15 minutes away, only to remember that the public schools had been closed today as well and when the schools are closed the church services are canceled! Well at least I got about 30 minutes of a slushy, slippery, wet, snowy walk in!

I completed all my homework earlier today so I've been catching up on my Cosmo and Fitness magazines for the majority of the night! One thing I'm trying to focus on is finding some races around the Madison, WI area for this summer :)

Also I'm watching the trashy reality show Real World: Las Vegas and looking up some new recipes to try!

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting on the treadmill and really working up a sweat!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready for spring! The slushy snow made my commute to work hellish this morning, and my car got stuck in my driveway coming home this afternoon. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete