Sunday, December 5, 2010

Reindeer Run 2010 (in pictures)!

I finally ran my 1st 5K!!! It's been a few months leading up to this moment!! So here are the pictures (race recap tomorrow):
Mostly everyone had really fun costumes! My parents took these shots since I don't have a camera :(
My brother-in-law Mike, reindeer mascot, my sister Stacy! This must have been while I was running! Kept them busy!

More costumes! There were actually people who were "presents" and ran with boxes around their bodies!

My brother-in-law Mike, Me, and my sister Stacy before the race! I'm sooo glad they came to support me!

Me and my running buddy Rebecca! Look at our shorts, haha! I look super tired...which happens when you're up at 5am!
Right after Santa said "Ho, Ho, Go!" It took awhile for it to thin out
My dad was partly an unofficial participant in order to get this shot! He literally ran in front of us!

Finishing strong! As you can see the people who were done were walking the opposite way to their cars

Right before crossing the finish line....Almost done!


At the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis after the race! That's a spoon and a cherry!

 I'll recap the whole race in tomorrow's post! Stay tuned!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats girl!!!! I am slightly jealous!! I so cant run a 5k....yet... hopefully soon!! ;) You are doing amazing!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, it looks so cold and you did it! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Congrats on that amazing finish! I'm very proud of you! LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked fantastic! Both in your costume and in that close to the finish picture! Congrats.

    Ummm whats with the teasing and not posting your time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did it! Amazing job, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! I still can't run a 5k, even if I think I can.. lol.. and while I loathe The Christmas Story, I love the matching outfits.. :)

    Good job for getting out there and running in those temps.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great time. :) I'm glad. And I love the Ralphie shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 1st 5k...and it was in snow!! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two look fabulous! Love those outfits - festive, yet still functional -and those socks?? LOVE 'em!!
    Congrats on your first 5K - here's hoping for many more to follow. I can't believe you all run on the snow. I've never tried, but I think I'd be terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your first 5K!! Yay! It looks freezing though!!! YIKES! How do u run in weather like that?! I definitely should have run a few 5Ks before i went ahead and ran my half marathon back in September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE! I love y'alls outfits! Way to go on your first 5K!!!

    ReplyDelete