Friday, November 5, 2010

One day late: Thoughtful Thursday!

I was super busy lazy yesterday and didn't get around to posting my usual Thursday post! So here it is:
Excuse my name...I share a fridge with my roomies
  1. My parents left for West Virginia today so my dad can do his marathon in Huntington, WV on Sunday! I wish him the best of luck and I know he'll do great! I could use a little mini vacation and would love to go on these trips with my parents except I have school and work...BOO!!! 
  2. I'm working a 2 and a half hour shift tomorrow just for the heck of it because what else am I going to do?! Well I mean I could sleep in, but I sort of get to since my shift starts at 10am. Oh well, more $ for me!
  3. This day is almost over! I have almost lost my cell phone, today's schedule was haywire because I picked up a 4 hour shift, I got a bubbling blister on my heel from my boots, the trail was super busy with track stars and a TRUCK, work went by sooo slowly, etc, etc!
  4. I am so in love with the hummus I  bought yesterday at WalMart! I'm trying the Roasted Red Pepper flavor and am already DEVOURING the container! I had it on my egg tortilla rollup this morning and have also been enjoying it with pretzels...Yum!!!
  5. I find myself working on some more homework this weekend, except I'm going to try to finish it tonight and tomorrow since I don't want to wait until Sunday so that I can just use that day to rest!
  6. My first 5k is rapidly approaching! I'll post a special freak out post tomorrow with goals and am going to start cracking down and getting my butt into SERIOUS gear!
So gross!
Ok enough of my ranting and thoughts! I went to the trail today to get some running done! Sorry I don't have any pictures from my run because I forgot my phone, ugh! It was a bit chilly (I forgot to actually check the temp, but I guesstimate it was about 36-37 degrees). The air was kind of hard to breath, but I quickly adapted because I really wanted to work out hard. My shins were screaming in pain as I ran the first 5 minutes after warming up! The pain quickly faded and I kept on with my intervals. I ran for about a total of 15 and a half minutes, which I felt was great since the trail was very crowded with college track stars and tons of bikes! There was literally a pickup truck driving down the trail when I first started...I was like "for real?!" Of course this would have been happening today! Considering the hectic happenings at the trail, I finished strong and felt GREAT!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your night! I will be back tomorrow for a post related to my first 5K, AHHH!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the run! Sorry about the traffic jam on the track! :0)

    ReplyDelete