Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I LOVE WEDNESDAYS!!!

Icing my ankle with a bag of peas
I was dead tired today! My roommates and I hit the town last night, yes on a Tuesday, but for a very good reason...our friend Jason's 22nd birthday! We went to his house and drank some wine and finally headed to the bars at 11pm. Well it was a short night because he was done at 12:30am and we all had to help walk him home (and make sure he made it to his bed without killing himself on the stairs going to his room). We walked to our house which is like a block away and I needed to take a shower considering the amount of beer that had spilled all over my clothes! So I didn't get to bed until 1:30-2am then I had to wake up at 6:30 for my 8am class. I had a 2 hour break at 10am which I spent sleeping so that I could be awake for work! It was weird to say I went out on a Tuesday, but we all had a great time and laughed at the funny things that happened! For some reason I woke up today and my ankle was super sore and swollen so I don't know what happened there. Along with the sore ankle, my leg muscles have felt really tight and painful so I stretched out really well today though that didn't do much for them.

After the first mile...and I wasn't dying either!
Blinded by the light...literally!
Ok enough about my social life! Now I went running today and it felt AMAZING after not having done anything the last few days! The weather was nice when I started out, but then it got very windy and cloudy with gray skies which made the last half of the run sort of miserable because of my tiredness. I did a quick 5 minute warm up walk working up to my running speed. I ran for about 5 minutes and took a quick minute walk break. After that I ran the rest of the way to the 1 mile marker which was about another 7 minutes away. I reached the mile marker, took a picture of myself and continued walking for about 2 more minutes. From there I ended up doing a couple 1 minutes intervals, one 3 minute run, a 2 minute walk, and then finished with a 2 and a half minute run. I took the runs down to the marker very slow so I wouldn't use all my available energy and the runs back were a little more intense. So after my confusing recap of my run I ran a total of 19 minutes and some odd seconds out of the total workout time of 28:24:33.
Gray skies at the end of my run

You can do so many activities in your SNUGGIE!
I'm loving this week since I had my finance test on Monday and I haven't really had any other homework, so it gives me time to catch up on reading blogs and the magazines that I'm so backlogged on! Plus I can get to bed earlier which is such a great bonus!!!! Ah, the life of a college senior!

Is anyone else dealing with unbelievable chapped lips and utterly dry skin?!?!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting week so far! :0) I'm loving this cooler weather but yes, the chapped lips are back in full force! Glad you had a good run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! I totally had a run last week where I was staring at the blinding sun. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete