Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weekend recap (as promised) and goofy running!

Running buddy...she secretly hated me today!
Stretching after a hard workout!
First off I met up with my running buddy down at the trail! We did the usual 1 mile down and back, but I had warned her that I was planning on stepping it up and really challenging ourselves! I thoroughly enjoyed the hard work out because our 5k is getting closer and closer, but we have to start increasing our actual running minutes. I was in charge of the stopwatch so there would be times where I would say we were running for 2 1/2 minutes and we would actually run for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes (muhahahaha...*evil laugh*). I felt like a drill sergent, but I had warned Rebecca before we left. At the end we were both exhausted, which is such a good thing!!!! I honestly felt like we accomplished a new feat. And it only starts from today, so in my future runs I need to stay focused and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! 

As I've been promising for like 4-5 days, I finally had time tonight to add the photos from the weekend of one of my oldest friends wedding (we've been friends for 18 years!).
Mark and Becky

Mr and Mrs Trnka
Back L-R: My sister Stacy, friends Emma, Eliza, Ashley, my sister-in-law Ashley. Front: friend Kellsey, and Me

Me and the bride
Bride with all high school friends

Back row L-R:brother Dane, Sister-in-law Ashley, Me, sister Stacy, Brother-in-law Mike. Front L-R: nephew Caiden(6), Mom, Dad, nephew Jackson(3)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha - I love that you were a drill sergeant! Sometimes we all need someone to push us that extra bit, right?!?

    ReplyDelete