Saturday, September 11, 2010

If I could turn back time...If I could find a way!

Me and my running buddy with our Bondi Bands!
As I reminisce about my Friday run, I feel great for keeping up with my training schedule. The interval training has been somewhat harder for me to get used to, but its that way because I've had sorority recruitment every night this past week and its just exhausted me! I ran three times (like the plan calls for) during this busy week, though all the sessions were mentally challenging. And to top it all off it was the same week for school starting. Now being a busy college student and wanting to balance everything is a MAJOR challenge! Well thankfully for me recruitment is done and over, so I will have all the time in the world to train, do homework, and relax (for a little bit!).

My Friday run was perfect! I had about a 4 hour break after classes until I had sorority things so I met up with my running buddy at our usual trail and headed out! We went our usual distance (1 mile down, 1 mile back) and was surprised at how well I could do the intervals. The exact intervals are run 2 mins, walk 2 mins, run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. My mind didn't want to accept the fact of running longer intervals though I did overcome my mind telling me to stop running and walk. Our time was great! We shaved off a little over 3 mins from our previous time and ended with a total of 31:53:30.

I feel guilty because I didn't go for a walk tonight like I planned! That's what influenced the name of this post because I wish I could turn back time to earlier tonight so that I could have gone on a short walk! Since recruitment has drained me socially, emotionally, and physically its probably a good idea to just take it easy! I will resume my running tomorrow on my own and will be meeting up with my running buddy on Monday!

What do you do to make sure you get your run in for the day????

1 comment:

  1. Love your title here. One of my dearest friends is an awesome Cher drag queen, and I love when he does that song!

    To make sure I get my run in I pretty much focus on it all day. Exciting, right? I kind of just keep telling myself to drink water and psych myself up to have a good run. Then when I'm home from work I might even put my running clothes on really early. Once they are on, I can't change my mind, I HAVE to run!

    ReplyDelete