Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray for training, recruitment, and first week of school!

This week has been super duper busy with school starting, sorority recruitment every night, and my training schedule! I managed to squeeze in my run after class and before the event tonight! I felt like I was racing against time like all a sudden I would be running and then I would be late for sorority stuff. It was so weird to run when I had things happening after it(usually my day is finished and I have all the time in the world to relax after a workout).

Still didn't get any homework today which isn't really that surprising since I'm only taking 12 credits! YAY senior year! Sorority recruitment will be done on Saturday, so I will be able to resume my normal schedule of consistency.

My "Bandaid"
I did some solo training today down on the usual trail, which was sort of scary thinking about those horror stories you hear, but all was well. I actually passed about 10 people so I felt really safe. The interval schedule was to run 2 mins, walk 2 mins, run 3 mins, walk 3 mins, doing both 2 times. My left heel was killing me because I wore some black high heels last night and didn't realize they were too small, which cut up my heel pretty bad! My genius idea of a bandaid was putting a crappy bandaid under a piece of duck tape! Haha talk about a real college "bandaid"(though it did stay!). My final time ended up being 28:26:78! Getting better each time!!

Rockin my Jammin Jungle Bondi Band!
I have a training session with my running buddy tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully she's been keeping up on her running as well! It always feels better when you have someone else there pushing and encouraging you to do better! I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment